Thursday 16 September 2021

cross country (this time not practise)

 hi my name is louie and today on wednesday 15-9 we had our official 2k run full of stitches and crampes, ankle twists and tumbles so join me on my epic post(by the way its not that epic) 


bang! i close the door of the car and start bouncing my hand ball as i slowly pace to the class my heart beating one million beats a second i see kobi,I arrive at the class put our bags down and head to the court to play with the ball we find it hard to play because there is a game of line tag happening on the court two so we decide to go on the other court a.k.a the handball court I don't know why we didn't go there in the first but anyway, we were there for about 25 seconds minus 24 seconds until we got bombarded of kids who thought we were playing dodgeball, 2 minutes later we were summoned back to class by the bell.

I feel nervous as i line up, the other kids are so loud I block my ears as if they were elephants and i was the tiny mouse.We start walking down the deck and onto the flat grey concrete.Finally we arrive at the course, the yr6 girls line up in a orderly fashion and the yr6 boys made the messiest line they can, ready! set! go!!! we all sprint to the first bollards it reminds me of how neko tripped on them when he tried jumping them,"not gonna make that mistake" i say to my self i run past the second pair of bollards and find my self  behind oscar joe, oh no i'm in the field of view for the spectators(the other kids, we are in level two) as time go's on i find my self going past three more bollards, I finish the first lap another lap goes on and i cross the finish line right behind kobi.

i come some where in between 5th and 10th, i'm happy but even more happy for the ice cream we get later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about